Why Weighted Blankets Are the Latest Trend in Sleep Technology
Sleep technology has come a long way over the years, from basic alarm clocks to smart sleep tracking devices. One of the latest trends in sleep technology is the weighted blanket, like blanky. In this post, we'll explore why weighted blankets have become so popular and how they can improve your sleep quality.
Why Are Weighted Blankets So Popular?
Weighted blankets have gained popularity in recent years for several reasons:
- They Can Improve Sleep Quality: As mentioned earlier, the deep pressure stimulation from the weight of the blanket can lead to a more restful sleep.
- They Can Help Reduce Anxiety: The weight of the blanket can have a calming effect on the nervous system, reducing feelings of anxiety and promoting relaxation.
- They Can Help Reduce Stress: Similar to anxiety, the weight of the blanket can help reduce feelings of stress and promote relaxation.
- They Can Help with Sensory Processing Disorders: Weighted blankets are often used to help individuals with sensory processing disorders, such as autism or ADHD, who may have difficulty with sleep due to overstimulation.
- They Can Help with Restless Leg Syndrome: Some individuals with restless leg syndrome have reported that the added weight of a weighted blanket can help reduce symptoms and promote a more restful sleep.
How Do Weighted Blankets Work?
Weighted blankets work by providing deep pressure stimulation to the body, which can activate the parasympathetic nervous system, also known as the "rest and digest" system. This can lead to a decrease in heart rate and blood pressure, promoting relaxation and a more restful sleep.
Additionally, the added weight can help stimulate the release of serotonin and dopamine, two neurotransmitters that are associated with feelings of happiness and well-being.
How to Choose the Right Weighted Blanket?
When choosing a weighted blanket, it's important to consider your body weight. The general rule of thumb is to choose a blanket that is 10% of your body weight. At blanky we we offer a range of several weights and sizes that can better adapt to your needs.
In conclusion, weighted blankets are a popular trend in sleep technology for good reason. They can improve sleep quality, reduce anxiety and stress, and help with sensory processing disorders and restless leg syndrome. By providing deep pressure stimulation, weighted blankets can promote relaxation and a more restful sleep. When choosing a weighted blanket, be sure to consider your body weight and consult with a healthcare professional if needed. With the many benefits of weighted blankets, it's no wonder they blanky is becoming a popular tool for improving sleep quality.